Frequently Asked Questions
Please read our FAQ before sending us a message. If you still have any question, please send us a message through our Contact page here or call us at 1-800-647-3890 🙂 For Fastest Service please use our Live Chat.
We’re one of 100+ dispensaries in Vancouver (over 300 in Canada) that are NOT operating under the federally-approved medical marijuana system. To qualify under the federal system, you’ll need to get a doctor’s approval and Health Canada’s permission to purchase from one of the 50+ licensed producers. City Hall and VPD have allowed dispensaries to proliferate so people can safely access medicine, so long as there are no sales to minors or any gang affiliations.
There are about 40 mail order marijuana sites in Vancouver. Vancouver has been shipping weed in the mail since the 90’s and to date, we know of no-one who has ever been charged with receiving pot in the mail.
That being said, there is still a risk on both ends as we are not working with any federal approval.
Points Systems ultimately raise the cost of your purchase. We do not have points systems at this time because if we did then we would need to raise prices by 7.5% to offer you 7.5% cash back to entice you to buy. We don’t feel the need to do that because Grass Chief customers prefer transparency.
If we have coupons, They will be posted on the banner at the top of the site. You are welcome to use it.
Very simple! In most cases we register you at the same time as processing your order. Simply make a purchase and follow the instructions. Alternatively you can go to the My Account section, click the Register tab, enter your email address and choose a password and your account will be set up right away.
You will need to upload your government-issued ID on the Checkout page when placing your first order. Alternatively, you can also email your ID to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. Feel free to block out sensitive ID information such as the ID number as we do not require it and prefer not to have it.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on placing your order online with Grass Chief.
- Locate the products you are interested in ordering by going to https://grasschief.com/shop/
- Click on the desired product(s), choose your quantity then click “Add to Cart”.
- Every time you add a product to your shopping cart, you will be redirected to https://grasschief.com/cart If you’d like to continue shopping, start again with step #1.
- When you have all your products in your shopping cart, are on the https://grasschief.com/cart page and are ready to Checkout, click on the green Proceed to Checkout and you will be redirected to the Checkout page https://grasschief.com/checkout
- In the Checkout page, you will need to login with your email address and password. If this is your first time registering with us, you will need to provide your email and choose a password and an account will be set up for you.
- Now that you’re logged in, you will need to confirm your shipping information (name, address, email, contact number, order notes) and payment option (Interac E-transfer or Interac Online Payments).
- If you have previously ordered with Grass Chief or have already emailed your photo ID, you can skip this step. If you’re a first-time member, please make sure to upload your ID in the “Government-issued photo ID (first-time customers)” dropdown. Feel free to block out sensitive ID information such as the ID number as we do not require it and prefer not to have it.
- If you’ve chosen payment via Interac Online Payments, you will be redirected to Interac’s website where you will be prompted to choose the bank that you are affiliated with. Once you’ve entered your payment info, you will be redirected back a Grass Chief confirmation page where you will see your order number. For a step-by-step on using Interac Online Payments, please visit http://grass-chief.helpscoutdocs.com/article/16-what-methods-of-payment-do-you-accept
- If you’ve chosen payment by Interac E-transfer, you will be redirected to an order confirmation page where you will see your order number and instructions on sending an Interac E-transfer. Orders only ship after E-transfer has been received.
- Once your payment has been collected and your ID has been confirmed, your order will be processed and will ship within 1 business day. We’ll email your Xpresspost tracking number as soon as available.
Congrats, you have now placed your order!
Yes, call us at 1-800-647-3890 with any question you have 🙂 We are available Sunday through Friday from 9:30am PST to 5pm PST.
ID’s are required for proof of age (19+). We keep all IDs stored on our server and purge them every quarter. You can choose to upload your ID document during the checkout process on your first order, or email it to us at email@example.com.
Feel free to block out sensitive ID information such as the ID number as we do not require it and prefer not to have it.
Acceptable forms of identification:
- Driver’s licence
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian/foreign passport
- Canadian Citizenship card
- Certificate of Indian Status card
- Permanent Resident card
- Canadian Forces identity carl
- Liquor Identification card
- Firearm Acquisition/Firearm Possession card
- Provincial/Territorial Identification card
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) national identification card
We accept the following file formats:
- JPG/GIF/PNG Image
- PDF Document
Below are some ways you can convert your ID document into the formats listed above:
1) Camera enabled smart phone:
Snap a photo of your ID using your smart phone, and then email us the attachment from your phone’s email app.
Place your ID in front of your computer’s webcam and take a photo of it. Email us the image. If you don’t have webcam software, try: https://manycam.com/
3) Desktop scanner:
Scan your ID into an image file (jpg,png,gif), and email us the image.
4) USB Camera:
Take a picture with your camera, plug the camera into your computer via USB and then email us the image file.
If you need any assistance verifying your age or sending us your ID document, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’re always here to help!
All orders received and paid for by 12pm PST will ship the SAME business day. If your order is received after 12pm PST, your order will ship the following business day.
Orders received on Friday will ship on Monday.
* Please note that it can take up to 40 minutes for us to receive your E-transfer.
If you would like to add or edit your order, you’ll need to enter a new order and we will cancel your original order. Please email email@example.com with the order number you would like canceled.
If you would like your order canceled and it has not shipped out yet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have already collected your payment, then all order edits/cancels are made on a best-efforts basis.
We are in the shop and answering emails 6 days a week (Sunday through Friday) from 9:30 am PST through 5 pm PST.
Your order will be discretely packaged and vacuum-sealed to protect and maintain your privacy. We ship using your choice: Canada Post Xpresspost or Ground in bubble mailers or nondescript boxes with no indication of what is inside.
We are a Canadian company located in BC. There is a 3 hour time difference between us and most of Canada, so you can usually order and have it sent the same day in most cases if your order and payment is received before 12PM PST.
There are 2 likely scenarios:
a) the postal worker put it in the wrong mailbox, or
b) what often happens is that a postal worker will scan in all the packages saying they were “successfully delivered” then spend that day and/or the next day delivering it.
If you do not get your package 2 days after the expected delivery date, let us know and we will file a trace with the post office. Canada Post will file an investigation which can take 5 business days to complete. If they can locate the package, they will ship it to you and you’ll get it a few days later. If it’s deemed “unrecoverable”, we will send you a 1x replacement free of charge.
From Canada Post
The investigation involves contacting the addressee to confirm delivery, or to better understand how they receive their mail and, as applicable, if they checked:
- with the front desk, security or mail room at the receiving address to see if someone else accepted the item on their behalf;
- their Community Mail Box for the item or parcel compartment key;
- around their property to see if the item was left in a safe location or in a mailbox attached to their home.
In rare cases, a delivery scan is entered into our system before the item is delivered. If you become aware that the addressee has received the item before we contact you, simply reply to this e-mail indicating the item has been received.”
If you do not get your package 2 days after the expected arrival date, let us know and we will file a trace with Canada Post.
If a trace is filed, Canada Post will conduct an investigation (which can take 5 business days to complete). If they can locate the package, they will ship it to you and you’ll get it a few days later. If it’s deemed “Unrecoverable”, we will send you a 1x replacement package, free of charge.
We do not offer postage refunds if your order arrives late due to any postal issues.
Unless you made an error in your address at checkout, your delivery is Guaranteed (except rural areas for residents of Nunavut, Northern Quebec, Northern Newfoundland, Northwest Territories or if you provide an inaccurate/incomplete address).
The definition of a Guaranteed Delivery is when Canada Post Tracking states its Delivered.
All orders $500+ will be sent with a Signature Required. If you do not want this option, please leave a note with your order saying “No Signature Required, please”.
If you’re tracking your package on Canada Post’s website and it has not updated in sometime, it’s most likely due to your package missing a scan, which is fairly common.
In 99% of the cases, members get their packages on time or a day later. If you do not receive it 2 days after your expected date, let us know so we can file a trace with the post office.
If a trace is filed, Canada Post will conduct an investigation (which can take 5 business days to complete). If they can locate the package, they will ship it to you and you’ll get it a few days later. If it’s deemed “unrecoverable”, we will send you a 1x replacement package, free of charge.
If you’re tracking your package on the Canada Post website and it looks like it’s headed to the wrong city, it’s most likely due to human error at Canada Post. Human errors happen on occasion as the postal employee has to manually enter each postal code in the system and if they are off by a digit/letter, it can cause a routing error and subsequent delay of 1-2 days.
Unfortunately, we experience much higher % of postal thefts when shipping to rural areas in Nunavut, Northern Quebec, Labrador and Northwest Territories.
We cannot offer any delivery guarantees if you live in these areas and you will be ordering at your own risk. If your order is stolen or lost, we reserve the right not to replace it.
We will email your tracking number before its been scanned in at the post office. Until it has been scanned in, your tracking number will not be trackable on the Canada Post website.
Please wait till the end of day and your tracking number should appear correctly. If it does not, kindly email email@example.com and we will look into it.
Payments and Fees
Payment is made using Interac E-transfer or Interac Online Payments.
How Interac E-transfers Work
If you use online banking with a Canadian bank or credit union, then sending an Interac E-transfer takes just a couple of minutes.
Instructions will be provided with your online invoice and orders ship only after E-Transfer have been received. If we receive your payment by 12 pm PST (3 pm EST), your order ships the next business day, or else it ships the following business day.
How Interac Online Payments Work
Interac Online Payments allow you to pay for your purchases easily, directly from your bank account. Payments made with InteracOnline are conducted through the convenience of your existing online banking access, without requiring you to create any new user names, passwords or accounts.
To use Interac Online Payments, you must use online banking with either TD, BMO, RBC or Scotia. When you choose to pay with Interac Online, you will be guided through these simple steps when you’re ready to checkout:
- Our checkout page will redirect you to the InteracOnline gateway page, prompting you to select your financial institution.
- Login to online banking and select the account you want to pay from. You will be prompted to confirm the payment amount.
- Upon confirmation of your payment through your financial institution’s secure online banking, you will be returned to our checkout confirmation page, where your order will be processed.
- Please note the Visa Debit convenience cards will not work with Interac Online Payments.
The most common answer is that it arrived after 12PM PST Which is our daily cutoff. In this case your payment will be accepted and sent the following business day.
Shipping fees range from $15-20 depending on your region for orders up to $149.98. For orders over $149.99, shipping is free.
Orders are shipped by Xpresspost, Priority and Ground, and a tracking number will be emailed after your order ships. Once we receive your payment, your order will ship within 1 business day. After it has shipped, please allow 2-3 business days for Xprespost, 1-2 business days for Priority and 3-8 business days for Ground to receive your package.
Please allow an extra couple of business days if you live in a remote area.
Your delivery is guaranteed (except rural areas for residents of Nunavut, Northern Quebec, Northern Newfoundland, Northwest Territories or if you provide an inaccurate/incomplete address).
Yes, GST/HST is included in product prices.
There’s a minimum order of $55 that’s required in order to complete your order. Orders up to $149.98 range from $15-20 depending on your region. For orders over $149.99, shipping is free.
Once you’ve sent your E-transfer, it can take up to 40 minutes for us to receive an email notifying us of your payment. Your E-transfer will be pending until we collect the E-transfer (when we process your order).
Once payment is received, your order will ship within 1 business day. Delivery by Xpresspost will take 2-3 business days once it has shipped. You’ll receive your tracking info by email after it has shipped.
If you use online banking with a Canadian bank/credit union, then sending an Interac E-transfer takes just a couple of minutes.
Google is a great tool and if you search “your bank name” + Interac E-transfer in Google.ca, you should easily find instructions on how to send a transfer with your financial institution.
For information on sending an E-transfer, please contact your bank or http://www.interac.ca/en/interac-e-transfer-consumer.html
Once you’ve placed your order, the next step in the process will be to submit an Interac E-transfer. Your order will be kept On Hold till we receive your E-transfer. If we do not receive your payment within 2 days, your order will be canceled.
- MCT is a carrier oil (derived from coconut oil), which means in order for the body to optimally absorb the medicine it is best to use a carrier. Carrier oils also include grain oil, olive oil, grape seed oil etc. MCT is considered the best oil for maximum absorption.
- The draw back of MCT oil is that it is very expensive and it does not condense/burn off. Therefore, you must take 3 times more than the Isopropyl/Ethanol Phoenix Tears.
- You cannot smoke/vape MCT oil. In fact, it is very dangerous.
- Isopropyl is less expensive.
- Some people are sensitive to isopropyl.
- Isopropyl does condense and therefore the Isopropyl Phoenix Tears are thicker and stickier.
- If you’d like maximum absorption, you could buy a small jar of MCT oil and consume a small amount when you take the Iso pheonix tears.
- You can smoke/vape Iso Phoenix Tears.
Sativa and Indica are the two major types of cannabis plants which can mix together to create hybrid strains. Each strain has its own range of effects on the body and mind resulting in a wide range of medicinal benefits.
The high produced from smoking Indica bud is a strong physical body high that will make you sleepy or ‘couch-locked’ and provides a deep relaxation feeling compared to a Sativa high, which is known to be more energetic and uplifting.
Marijuana strains range from pure sativas to pure indicas and hybrid strains consisting of both indica and sativa (30% indica – 70% sativa, 50% – 50% combinations, 80% indica – 20% sativa). Because Sativa and Indica buds have very different medicinal benefits and effects, certain strains can be targeted to better treat specific illnesses.
Indica dominant marijuana strains tend to have a strong sweet or sour odor to the buds (ex. Kush, OG Kush) providing a very relaxing and strong body high that is helpful in treating general anxiety, body pain, and sleeping disorders.
Indicas are very effective for overall pain relief and is often used to treat insomnia for many people. Indica buds are most commonly smoked by medical marijuana patients in the late evening or even right before bed due to how sleepy and tired you become when high from an indica strain of marijuana, like Kush.
Benefits of Indica:• Relieves body pain
• Relaxes muscles
• Relieves spasms, reduces seizures
• Relieves headaches and migraines
• Relieves anxiety or stress
Sativa dominant marijuana strains tend to have a more grassy type odor to the buds providing an uplifting, energetic and “cerebral” high that is best suited for daytime smoking. A sativa high is one filled with creativity and energy as being high on sativa can spark new ideas and creations. Many artists take advantage of the creative powers of cannabis sativa (marijuana) to create paintings.
Benefits of Sativa:• Feelings of well-being and at-ease
• Up-lifting and cerebral thoughts
• Stimulates and energizes
• Increases focus and creativity
• Fights depression
Please be advised that due to circumstances that are out of our control, such as summer heat and humidity, there is a risk that the shatter you ordered will turn to budder by the time you receive it.
Unfortunately, shatter turning to budder is not uncommon when exposed to heat but it does not make your shatter unsafe in any way.
Putting it into the fridge will turn it back to a solid state.
We do not offer any reimbursement or refunds if your shatter turns to budder.
To start, you would ingest the oil up to 3x per day, and especially at night to get your body to rest and regenerate. Start by taking a serving the size of 1/2 grain of rice and tack it on your gums. You can double the dose every 4 days, eventually working your way up to 1 syringe per day to fight serious illnesses.
ISO is a C3 molecule. Anything over C6 is Carcinogenic. Purely Medicinals uses ISO because it is a safe solvent. They distill it out of the extract completely and test for residual amounts. Extracts are only released if Health Canada guidelines are met (who’s limits are in the parts per billion).
Yes! Product images are taken (unless provided by our vendor) with an Samsung Galaxy S8 or iPhone 8 and our mini photo studio.
Terpenes are organic compounds produced with the help of local insects by a variety of plants, often emitting a strong odor that shield the plants that produce them by deterring herbivores and by attracting predators and parasites of herbivores. They are the major components of resin, and of turpentine produced from resin.
Terpenes and terpenoids are the primary constituents of the essential oils of many types of plants and flowers. Essential oils are used widely as fragrances in perfumery, and in medicine and alternative medicines such as medical cannabis.
Canabinoids are a diverse class of chemical compounds that acts on cannabinoid receptors found in brain cells that alter neurotransmitter release. Endocannabinoids are naturally produced in the body, where as the phytocannabinoids are found in cannabis and some other plants. The most notable cannabinoid is the phytocannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive compound in cannabis. Cannabidiol(CBD) is another major constituent of the plant.[Research discovered at least 113 different cannabinoids isolated from cannabis, exhibiting varied effects.
Shatter is a type of cannabis concentrate, as the name indicates shatter specifically refers to a texture of concentrate, in this case the concentrate breaks and shatters like glass because it is very brittle once its finished the extraction process. The process is formulated by extracting the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other chemical compounds found in the marijuana plant. Unlike with Live resin that is flash frozen immediately after the harvest and kept at freezing temperatures through the entire extraction process as opposed to dried and cured cannabis, shatter is usually formulated from dried cannabis, such as leaves and flower.
A wide range of solvents can be used for extraction purposes with somewhat similar results. Chloroform, dichloromethane, petroleum ether, naphtha, benzene, butane, methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, and olive oil are among others used compounds in the extraction process. For the most part Shatter is transparent with an amber tint. The molecules in the cannabis make the shatter clear and transparent, and the amber color add to its luster. Left undisturbed, the molecules form a somewhat glass-like appearance. Differences in temperature, moisture, and high terpene content would also have an affect on the texture of the outcome of the extraction, which may change the oils into a more liquid substance that resembles tree sap.