Add an email address to your Outlook contact list or safe sender list
Outlook.com is now the home for Hotmail, Live Mail, and other Microsoft email products.
You can add an email address to your Contacts and the Safe Senders list to ensure you’ll always receive their messages in your inbox. Email addresses in the Safe Senders List are never treated as junk email. If a desired email ends up in your junk email folder, you can mark it as “not junk” to teach Outlook that you want to receive that type of email message in the future.
Safe Senders list
By default, email addresses in your Outlook contacts are considered safe senders by the Junk Email Filter, but you can change this setting. Email messages from safe senders are never moved to the Junk E-mail folder.
Add a sender to the Online (web) version of Outlook
To add people to your Safe Senders List, do the following:
- Select the Settings icon (gear icon)
- Select View all Outlook settings
- Select Mail
- Select Junk email
- Enter the sender email address
- Select Add > Save
Check blocked senders and safe senders list
- Select Settings > View all Outlook settings
- Select Mail, and then select Junk email
- If you see the sender’s address listed under “Blocked senders and domains”, select the address and then select Remove > Save
Mark a message as “not junk”
In your Outlook.com folder list:
- Select the Junk Email folder and look for the missing email
- Right-click the desired email and then select Mark as not junk. The message will automatically be moved to your inbox.